Our next test session, Saturday April 4, at 9:00 a.m. has been canceled for safety reasons.
Warren Baptist Church
3203 Washington Rd
Augusta GA 30907-3814
What to Bring to an ARRL Exam Session:
1. A legal photo ID (driver’s license, passport)
2. If no photo ID is available, two forms of identification:
a. non-photo ID/driver’s license (some states still have them)
b. birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal)
c. social security card
d. library card
e. utility bill, bank statement or other business correspondence that specifically names the person; or a postmarked envelope addressed to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on the Form 605.
3. Students/minors may bring any of the above items and/or a school ID, minor’s work permit, report card, or a legal guardian may present a
4. Your FCC issued Federal Registration Number (FRN). Effective August, 2019, we will no longer accept Social Security numbers. (VEC’s are required by the FCC to submit either your SSN or your FRN number with your license application form.)
You may create your FRN number by registering your SSN with the FCC before the exam. Once you have a FCC issued FRN, you may no longer use your SSN on the application. We strongly encourage you to obtain your FRN before attending our test session. You will not be able to test at our session without an FRN.
5. if you are upgrading, please bring a copy of your current license to submit with your packet. (Bring either a photocopy of your current Amateur Radio license or a reference copy printed out from the FCC website, the license information printed from ARRL website or QRZ website, or the original(s) and photocopy(s) of any Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions.) If your license has already been issued by FCC, the CSCE showing license credit is not needed. The photocopy(s) will not be returned.
Instructions on how to obtain an official FCC license copy are on the ARRL’s Obtain License Copy web page.
6. Two number two pencils with erasers and a pen.
7. A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed.
8. You may not bring any written notes or calculations into the exam session.
9. Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they’re free of notes and formulas. Cell phone must be silenced or turned off during
the exam session and the phones’ calculator function may not be used. In addition, iPhones, iPads, Androids, smartphones, Blackberry devices
and all similar electronic devices with a calculator capability, may NOT be used.
10. Bring a check, a money order or cash to cover the exam session fee(s). The current cost for an FCC/ARRL Exam is $15.00.
You can download a copy of the 605 form that you will need for the test session here.